While the holiday season is full of fun and good food, don’t let office socializing derail your professional career. Below are some reminders for office parties without bad consequences!
- Free liquor does not mean a free drunk. You may be in a social situation, but you will still be judged professionally.
- Dress appropriately. No cleavage or provocative clothing. If the party is casual, make certain you are not too casual. If it is dressy, be certain to comply.
- Be appropriate with office gifting. Know the limits and expectations.
- Be sure to RSVP and write a thank you note for the invitation/party.
- Have Fun! Be current on conversation topics, so you can discuss something besides “shop talk”.
Minding your manners makes the season all the more merry!